Join Our Team!
Gypsea Gelato is looking to add a high energy, enthusiastic person to join our team at our Kealakekua location! The opening server is key to the success of the rest of the team. They are in charge of opening the shop which includes setting up the espresso and coffee bar, ensuring the gelato case is prepped, and maintaining store cleanliness all while greeting and serving customers warmly and enthusiastically. Barista experience strongly preferred, but if not no worries, we can train you, as long as you have a team-oriented attitude and enjoy talking with new people!
What it takes to be star at the job:
- Positivity, enthusiasm, and energy
- Work independently AND with others
- Love of interacting with customers
- Ability to multitask
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to learn
What You’ll Do (and more!)
- Greet customers warmly and enthusiastically
- Be an expert on current flavors and provide information and suggestions to customers
- Scoop gelato
- Maintain cleanliness (sweeping, mopping, wiping down tables and counters, washing dishes)
- Restock supplies like cups, napkins, spoons, etc.
- Prepare coffee, espresso, and tea drinks at Kainaliu location
- Be a positive and supportive teammate always seeking ways to help others.
Pay and Benefits
Pay includes base pay (dependent on experience) and tips. Health insurance for full-time employees. Free gelato each shift! There is room for developing skills, gaining experience, and contributing ideas to this growing company!
We are primarily looking for a weekend opener to work 8am-3:30pm Saturday and Sunday. There may be potential to pick up shifts during weekdays if that is of interest to the applicant.
Please apply here or drop off a resume at any of our stores. We look forward to hearing from you!