Join Our Team!
Kealakekua - Store Lead
Gypsea Gelato is looking for a reliable, fun, and friendly Store Lead to join our team at our Kealakekua location! The Store Lead is the main point of contact between the Kealakekua Gypsea Gelato store and Gypsea Gelato management. They will report to the Operations Manager. The Kealakekua store has gelato as well as a full espresso program and pastries. In addition to day-to-day store operations (scooping, making beverages, customer engagement, cleaning, etc.), the Store Lead is also in charge of training new hires, opening and closing procedures, register handling, inventory, and ensuring smooth communication between team members and management.
We are looking for a Store Lead who is high energy, detail-oriented, enjoys motivating and mentoring others, and can handle customer conflicts as they arise. Experience working in a fast-paced team environment required. Prior supervisor or team lead experience preferred, but not required. Barista experience is a bonus, but not required. This is a full-time position 4-5 days a week.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is ready for a leadership role and eager to develop their skills with a fun, growing local business!
What You’ll Do (and more!)
- Greet customers warmly and enthusiastically
- Be an expert on current flavors and provide information and suggestions to customers
- Scoop and serve gelato
- Make and serve espresso and non-espresso beverages
- Maintain cleanliness (sweeping, mopping, wiping down tables and counters, washing dishes, etc.)
- Restock supplies like cups, napkins, spoons, etc.
- Train all new hires for Gypsea Gelato Kealakekua store
- Ensure team members are completing all opening and closing tasks to standard. Provide basic feedback to team members as needed to improve.
- Count registers, ensure freezers and equipment are functioning, lock doors, and more.
- Manage weekly store inventory
- Participate in periodic meetings with Gypsea Gelato management
- Be a positive leader always seeking ways to help and support others.
What it takes to be star at the job:
- Positivity, enthusiasm, and energy
- Work independently AND with others
- Love of interacting with customers
- Ability to multitask
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate other team members, while being a good example.
- Clear communication (both written and verbal)
- High levels of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Willingness to learn and take feedback with humility
- Desire to grow and take ownership of responsibilities
Pay and Benefits
Pay includes starting pay of $16-$18/hour plus tips (hourly dependent on experience). Health and dental insurance. 20 hours PTO after 1 year of successful work. Free gelato and coffee each shift! There is room for developing skills, gaining experience, and contributing ideas to this growing company!
This is a Full-Time position (30-40 hours, 4-5 days/week). Days of the week are more-or-less flexible, but the Store Lead must be willing to work both opening and closing shifts. Opening shifts are 8am to about 3pm, closing shifts start at about 1pm and end around 7:30pm (8:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays)
If this sounds like you, please apply here or drop off a resume at any of our stores. We look forward to hearing from you!